Alabama Coastal Heritage Trust, Alabama USA
We believe that picking up other people's trash is easy. We see two ways to pick up trash - happily taking care of Mother Nature or angrily being dumped on by litter bugs. We choose happiness and so do many others. For example at a sustainability conference a local university president who owns a beach house on Dauphin Island talked about walking the beach with his wife, picking up trash and how the people who passed them would say thank you. And when they walked the beach the next day some of these people had their own bags and were picking up trash!
Studies show that this may be how it works:
What's in Your Cleanup Bag?
• Alabama Coastal Heritage Trust ($5,000)
• Goodwill Easter Seals of the Gulf Coast
• Annette and Pat Nolan ($180)
• De Tonti Square ($180)
• Connie Hudson, Mobile County District 2 ($3,600)
• Shorecombers ($180)
• Gina Gregory, City of Mobile District 7 (TBD)
• Fred Richardson, City of Mobile District 1 (TBD)
• City of Mobile (TBD)
• Dog River Clearwater Revival ($250)
1/11/2018 Artist Awards. Six artists submitted beautiful designs to decorate our reusable bags and hang tags. 170 local leaders voted and the awards went to Lauren LaForce and Sarah Bohnenstiehl. The bags will begin arriving mid-May, so you have time to organize your team.
Stay tuned here for news from the field about creative campaigns, what people are picking up, where they are picking up and more.